King Saud University has taken several measures to ensure developmental action including all its internal processes and outputs; therefore it pays close attention to quality and development operations in order to achieve desired objectives. King Saud University established many deanships and departments focusing on quality, development, skill development, and informative and technical environment. In this context, Quality Deanship was established on 20/9/1429 under the name Quality Administration and thenwas converted to Quality Deanshipon 5/7/1429AH. In addition, Development Deanship was established by Resolution No.1313/1 on 11/7/1429 AH.
In the early stages of developmental action, the establishment of Development Deanship was urgently needed. This stage required an independent entity concerning about strategic planning, cadres training, budgets providing, and international expertise communication. Similarly, establishing an independent quality deanship wasnecessarybecause itserves to buildsystemsat the institutional and program level, communicate with theaccreditation commissions,train cadresand providebudgets. KSU achieved all desired objectives by having these two deanships.
Currently, KSU determines to integrate these two deanships into unified one based on well-establishedsystemsrelated todevelopment andquality in order to support the current developmental action and achieve perfection andharmony between them. The Deanship of Development and Quality pursues to achieve the following objectives:
- Achievement perfection andharmony between Deanships of Development and Quality.
- Unification of efforts tobring about a qualitativeleapin universityexcellence levelthrough taking advantages ofexperiences andcadresinDeanships of Development and Quality.
- Designing a template to reduce waste and work repetition via merging similar activities in Deanships of Development and Quality.
- Integration of strategic plan data with data of KSU’s performance measurement to prepare accurate reports help indecision-making andimprovement plans.
Theintegration was implemented in accordance with clearscientific methodologyincludingdiagnostic studyof internalenvironment, KSU’s needs andaspirations and benchmarking with more than 12 universities which are Harvard – California Berkeley – MIT – Sanford – Illinois Urbana Champaign -Toronto – British Columbia - Cambridge – Manchester - National University Singapore – Tokyo - Monash.
The interim committee acting Higher Education Council approved recommendation of KSU’s Council tointegrateDevelopment Deanship andQualityDeanship intooneas Deanship ofDevelopment and Quality.
To enhance quality and sustainable development towards excellence performance at KSU.
- Cultivating KSU culture for quality and development.
- Support sufficient operations related to development andquality toachieveinstitutional excellence.
- Build an effective systemof institutionalresearch.
- Dissemination of quality culture at the college/ units.
- Evaluation of performance level at the college/ units.
- Execution and follow up evaluation and academic accreditation.
- The status of strategic plans implementation at the college/unit.
- Identification of strength and weaknesses and proposal ofnecessary improvement projects.
- Formation of team works to activate the projects proposed by the unit.
- Encourage college or departments’ employees to initiate project and operationalize them.
- Provide necessary facilitations for all quality’s stakeholders.
- Documentation of the efforts and application results of quality systems and practices and submit it to Deanship of Development and Quality.
- Continuous Collection of data and information related to quality activities at the colleges or units.
- Prepare periodic reports on performance’s levels and beneficiaries’ satisfaction for each activity.
- Follow up procedures of Excellence Awards at the college.
- Perform other tasks assigned to the unit in regard to quality and its applications.